In my life, I have had a lot of things to be thankful for. Experiences that have made me who I am. People that have encouraged me to do better. Opportunities that have gotten me places I never thought possible. Recently I have hadÂ to say thank you for a lot of things as well, and remind myself of what I really have. Taking stock and thinking about things has made me less short overall, but I have to remind myself on a daily basis.
As I said, I write about everyday and mostly I find myself writing down things I am grateful for on Mondays, without even thinking about it. Maybe because Mondays you have to remind yourself to be grateful, or Mondays really give you perspective of the week past and the week coming ahead. This weekend I said thank you a lot and while it may have been a painful conversation at some point, it doesn’t change the gratitude I feel and have felt to the people I had it with.
So I’m sharing today what I’m grateful for to start the week:
1. I am thankful that I was eligible to give blood at a moment’s notice, after a two year hiatus.
2. I am grateful that the medical technologist that assisted me at the Red Cross was super nice and helpful, and it barely hurt even when we had to restart because of thin blood vessels.
3. I am grateful for the inverter aircon in my room that is able to keep me cool and not make me feel too guilty about keeping it on.
4. I am grateful to my dad who brought home lobster, steak, and basil for the bunnies. I only asked for the steak, the rest, he bought on his own.
5. I am grateful for colleagues that know the process and work their darndest.
What are you grateful for today?