What I’m grateful for, week 19/52
1. Song of the week: Grow As We Go by Ben Platt. I have wanted to watch him onstage since Dear Evan Hansen, but for now, last year’s The Politician binge will have to do. Recently dug into his albums, and found that song. Maybe it’s a little codependent, but I like seeing my loved ones succeed. See how they begin and talk through challenges. Celebrating wins. There’s a lot there to grow with them on.
2. Speaking of challenges that you want to see through, was in an 8 hour meeting just hashing out things with a room of men with so much more power in the system than me. I am thankful for a seat at the table (virtual will have to do for now) and see how they think and talk through things. I am dying for in person brainstorms where it’s intense but flows so much faster and easier. Are we vaccinated yet?
3. Finally buying the rug I’ve had my eye on since September. It was on sale, and the buns love flopping on it. Crossing fingers they don’t want to mark it as theirs (at least not yet).
4. Actual nonwork conversation with a colleague. It really helped end the week on a good note, with a deep dive on Keanu Reeves and rom coms.
5. The blueberry cheesecake pint I had for calm this week. Which reminds me I need to restock…
What are you grateful for?
P.S. Chester had lab work done last week for his sneezing. It’s going to take a week for results. Please pray with me that it’s not the C word. My whole life are these buns and Chester in particular has kept me sane and calm these past almost 7 years. I want more years with them.