What I’m grateful for, week 24 of 52
I feel like this week has been filled with things I’m extra grateful for, that I’m a little nervous of what the blowback is for this week. I also will remember to take this week to week to week.
Song of the week: Lost Cause by Billie Eilish
1. A long weekend. I had a ton of grownup errands I had to run this week that can’t wait and I was able to accomplish all the things on my list without dying at my first day of work.
2. A batch of my favorite Filipino food, kare kare. It is such a pain to make and takes so long so I never make it. It’s also hard to find the version we have at home since we use tripe (which, fyi, I love) instead of oxtail.
3. Speaking of tripe, a friend sent over a batch of her specialty callos. I had to eat it immediately. It lasted like 12 hours (aka when I got up and told the family I was gonna finish it).
4. Another friend even sent over a surprise loaf of homemade sourdough bread and a batch of tomato soup. (How lucky am I?!)
5. I also got to catch up with one of my favorite people at work. Being extremely busy and having a ton of things on their plate makes it hard for them to just have a conversation, but we had a really significant one.
What are you grateful for this week?