Honestly, it’s been a weird week. I have an ominous feeling and I can’t make it go away. Here’s hoping food band aids can help make that sinking feeling fade.
I do realize that:
But give me these next six minutes to enjoy the bright spots in my unsettling week:
1. I bought a super adorable corgi butt mug that I can just yell “you butthole!” When I’m frustrated, and also say “you cute butt” when I need something cute to look at.
2. Cooking a full Korean inspired lunch of army stew, bean sprout salad, and steamed egg. I need to do the steam egg better but it was a decent start.
3. Office trivia night. Smaller group but was super fun. Honestly, little sleep, plus the equivalent of four Negronis after almost 2 months of no alcohol had me a little numb giddy. I will not be that careless un the future, to be sure, but it was fun to do once.
4. Company day off with a free lunch. Gestures really count, and this was sweet. Of course I had tacos. Of course I overordered. And my day off was just perfectly a no alarm one.
5. The last Bourdain book. It’s technically one written from old footage (I have been able to hear his voice and remember the episodes they mention), but these are two things I miss like a motherfker, Anthony Bourdain and travelling. I will vaccinate myself and hit the spots in this book. Soon as I can.
What are you grateful for?